Sunday, July 19, 2009

USB LAN

I have here a very intersting, very useful and very practical gadget, its a Local Area Network (LAN) device which can be plugged to your Universal Serial Bus (USB) in short its a USB LAN.



This is very usuful for those who have damaged LAN cards or to those who use old computers that needs a bit of upgrade or parts replacements, and its best for those who are not really that knowledgeable when it comes to computer devices plus its cheap, around 250 to 300 bucks or 5 to 6 US dollars.


What you get when you buy one basically are these two items, the USB LAN itself and the CD which contains the driver for the device.


I used an old Compaq Presario which is kinda ancient in the laptop world but the device still works fine. I used it because the laptop doesnt have a LAN card good thing it has a single USB port, i can use a USB hub later, but for now its nice to know that I can connect through the USB LAN. By the way my old laptop doesnt have wifi, and why didnt I just buy a USB wifi device, well even though I have a wifi router its still better to use wired connection, specially for my old laptop.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Carlo!

I've just bought an USB LAN adaptor just like yours, but the driver CD that they sent is unreadable :( . I would be very grateful if you could send the driver in email to me. my mail is evancod@gmail.com
Thank you very much,
Evancod

Steve said...

Great post! I've also found that freelance web design has helped me succeed.

Taimur Ali Khattak said...

If u could send me drivers of USB LAN Card, i'll be grateful.

Taimur Ali Khattak said...

If u could send me drivers of USB LAN Card, i'll be grateful.
timraz@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Very informative post. Keep up the good work. I would really look forward to your other posts

Dell - 14" Latitude Notebook - 2 GB Memory - 320 GB Hard Drive (E6430)

Dell - Refurbished - 15" Latitude Notebook - 8 GB Memory - 320 GB Hard Drive